Monday, March 14, 2005

Fate or Faith?

I had lunch a few weeks ago with a good friend here. She and I have spent so much time together and she's become really dear to me. She's the one that taught me to knit, who wouldn't love her?!?! Anyway, I've been really broken over her bondage to fate. That's a huge stronghold here where things are explained away by it just being fate. It feeds into the hopelessness and the need for a Creator. I asked her what she thought of some things and after much dialogue, she said to me "maybe all the things I've been calling fate are really the giver of Faith." This is a huge thing for someone that depends on the system and on herself for everything. Getting people to understand what their world view practically leads to will be eye opening in any culture. Most just don't take the time to think it through. She even admitted to that.