Monday, February 28, 2005

chicken heads?!?!

I picked Selah up from school and was greeted by her teacher who told me "ta chi san ge ji tou" I knew that she was telling me that she ate three chicken...something. "ji" means chicken in Chinese, so I knew she was talking about something regarding chicken, but I didn't immediately recognize the word "tou." I hadn't heard that associated with food much. So she, Malachi and I left the kindergarten when I realized that "tou" means "head" in Chinese. So she had eaten chicken head for lunch at school and not only that, but went back not just for seconds, but apparently for thirds too. So the translation of what her teacher said is: "she ate three chicken heads!" She said after school that "it was good, but there were a lot of bones!" I guess so :)