Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Things You Can Learn From a Kid

If you don't normally do it already, try to find a kid and just gleam wisdom from them. They really seem to have insights that we adults forget or just miss out on...

2 things from Selah--

1) Selah has had a hard time adjusting to the attention she gets from the Chinese ladies. They touch her a lot, saying she's so pretty. Selah kinda wigs out when they do that. Well, the other night when we were putting her to bed, we were about to pray with her. Carrie asked her what she wanted to pray about and Selah said, "Pray that I would be mean." "Mean? Carrie replied." Selah answered, "Ya, pray thhat I wouldn't be mean to the Chinese ladies." I wish we would be so quick to think about loving people who make us uncomfortable.

2) Selah sat down with Carrie the other day and said, 'Mom, tell me about your day." Carrie gave a brief answer, insteading turning the conversation to Selah saying, "How was your day Selah?" .... "No mommy, I want to hear about your day. Tell me about your day." I suppose Selah is right: we all could learn to ask more about other people's life and day.